The God of All Comfort

I mentioned before that I have started reading the Bible, I am on a 3 year course to read through the whole thing. It is like a chapter a day, which anyone can do. It alternates between the Old and New Testament, which keeps it interesting, I must say I am rather enjoying myself. The other night I came across this because I believe I was meant to see it even if it wasn't part of my course. I was lead there for a reason.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort. [2 Corinthians 1:3-7 KJV]


Picture is from http://www.christart.com/


I believe I was supposed to see these passages because it helps reinforce my purpose which is to share my love for God because of how much he has blessed my life. It truley is a miracle that I am still on this earth after all I have been through. I thank God everyday that I wake up because every moment I have, really is a blessing! From living through Neuroblastoma where the doctors gave me a 10% chance of surviving, than being diagnosed in 2001 with Myelodysplasia Syndrome which is a Preleukemia that went into remission a few years later, to the stomach cancer they had found last year. This helps concrete my mission to help spread the good news to who ever wants to hear it. By sharing my testimony, I hope and pray that it gives you guys the strength and courage to live life to the fullest! Thanks for stopping by, and God bless!

3 comments:

Lori Laws said...

Thomas, you are still here because God's plan for you is starting to unravel!! You are such an inspiration. Your testimony speaks to so many...so many...you will never know in this life. God knows what He is doing, and He gave you every experience you have had to use for His glory. I can see it and hear it - it speaks volumes! Keep glorifying God no matter what. You will have a great reward. God bless you Thomas!

ThomasCSlater said...

Thank you Lori, for always sharing your empowering words!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Thomas. Your thought, your words, have challenged me. I am really at a loss of words right now. I know I don't live for every moment, I don't even live for every day. I have wasted so many moments so many days seeking pleasure and comfort for myself. I pray right now that more and more my moments will be lived for others, for God, through Jesus.

Thank you again and please keep sharing the words God has given. Enjoy your trip through the Word.

grace and peace in Christ,
brad