My Invisible Illnesses



I was diagnosed with cancer when I was two years of age, so I Have been living with an invisible illness pretty much my whole life. My God and family have given me more love and encouragement than I could handle, and I want to thank them for everything they have done for me. When I got sick my parents, family, friends prayed for me daily.

"This was the beginning of a nightmare for my parents, but an awakening for me. This is where I learned that God loves me and I have a purpose."
[My Tattoo (The Early Years Part 1)]

The doctors who helped me get rid of the cancer used chemotherapy and full body radiation. God did answer my families prayers the cancer disappeared, but I would be dealing with the side affects from the medicines used.

"The side affects I have received from the chemotheropy and radiation are hearing loss, weak roots in my gums, cataracts, heart failure, kidney failure, gout, diabetes, and weak veins. About 2 years ago my kidneys have failed completely, so I decided to go on Peritoneal dialysis. I would use hemo-dialysis as a last resort, because of my small veins." [Chemo and Radiation (The Early Years Part 2)]

"I remember the looks I received from other kids and their parents. It was very discriminating! I remember being very self conscious about this. I mean I had these veins popping out of my chest and it was very noticeable. I was still under the spell of the world, I didn’t know Jesus like I do now. That is why I believe I felt so self conscious about the way I looked. I should have been proud of these marks, these bulging veins popping out of my chest. These were medals, these were badges of honor! This was God’s mark on my body saying lay off this one he belongs to me! He is going to share his story with the world! I am NOT finished with him yet!"
[My Tattoo (The Early Years Part 1)]

So I guess you can say, that I have more than one invisible chronic illness that I am dealing with. Let me tell you that I am glad I did and do, I wouldn't be half the man I am today, if I hadn't. All the things I have been through have taught me many valueable lessons and I thank God for helping me get through them all! I am just happy to be alive! I am so thankful of what I do have, and I try not to focus on the different illnesses I am dealing with. A wise man once said,"You are what you think"(James Allen) So do yourself a favor and think positive, it's healthier for you!

I think it’s important to be involved in invisible illness week because there are many people out there that are suffering from their illnesses and they need to know that there are people out there who do care. They should feel proud that they are living their lives the best they can with their illnesses and the last thing they need is to feel ashamed or discriminated for what they have been through. So the next time you see someone that may look different, just follow what Jesus commanded, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." [Matthew 22:39 KJV] If you practice this, everyone will be happier.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless!

No comments: