The Way of the Master

"Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground." (Luke 22:42-44)



I know there are some days that I feel beat done and worn out from all that I have been through. Sometimes the Lord calls upon me to do things, that pushes me to do things that will make me feel uncomfortable, such as sharing my personal life with you. Than I remember if I can touch someone's heart by giving them hope and motivation to keep fighting than I feel that I have accomplished my goal!

This Bible passage helps me put my mind, heart, and soul in the right place. Who am I to feel tired and discouraged, where it's a miracle that I am still on this earth. You always have to look at the bright side of life, don't focus on the negative things they will devour you if you let them. Be thankful for what you do have! Who am I to question what God wants me to do?

When Jesus was praying this prayer to his Father, I can imagine that he was feeling very beat down and discouraged. He was actually sweating blood from all the pain he was going through! This was all before the excruciating pain he was going to recieve from the Romans to cleanse the sins of this world for all. To say that this made Jesus feel uncomfortable is an understatement! He went through more pain than most people could bare to think about!

It is good to know that our Lord Jesus, the redeemer of the world understands how we may feel about certain hardships that we may be dealing with in our lives. He will always help us and comfort us if we are willing to ask for it. Remember, he will never give us more than we can handle!

No comments: