Shipwrecked!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." [Jeremiah 29:11 NIV]

If you've been following my story, you know that I have been through quite a bit in my 25 years. From being diagnosed with cancer three times, diabetes, dialysis, and other health problems, it's hard to know what is in store for us. My best advice is to stay strong and trust in God.

There is a story told of a shipwreck survivor who washed up on a deserted island. After he had been there a few days, he built himself a hut and prayed to God for rescue. Each day he anxiously looked out over the horizon as he waited for God's deliverance in the form of a passing ship. One day, after returning from a hunt for food, he discovered that his hut was consumed in flames. He was devastated and believed it to be the worst thing that could have happened to him on the island; everything he had was gone. The next day however, a ship arrived and the captain said,"We saw your smoke signal!"

Sometimes, when it seems our whole world is crumbling, it is difficult to believe that God is at work on our behalf. But just when we think all is lost, God unfolds his plan and teaches us that he had it under control the whole time.

Friends, God's ways are not our ways, his thoughts are unlike our thoughts; his plans are so much bigger than we could ever imagine or dream. Let Him work in His unique way and watch as His beautiful plan is revealed in your life.

Keep praying, but be thankful that God's answers are wiser than your prayers!
-William Culbertson

It may sound weird but I look at all my sicknesses and illnesses as a blessing. Without them I would never know how much God, family, and friends love and care about me. I don’t think I would respect life the way I do now because of everything I have been through. All the problems I have endured have made me the person I am, and it helps me realize how blessed I really am! God has truly help develop my character through it all, for it is written,

"But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." [Job 23:10 KJV]

May the Lord shine his face upon you!

1 comment:

Lori Laws said...

Good post Thomas! I think of another scripture from Job..."Though he slay me Yet I will trust Him."

Yes, it's all accomplishing godly character. My hat is tipped to you.

May God continue to bless you, my friend!